Hi Forum


A consistent problem with DNS set up gave sever head ache even though this damm thing work but it does not do what I like to do or see. When I try use apache server with www.onami.co.uk the url get kicked in from the DNS hosting company which is uk2.net I wonder where I am going wrong?


Any way I have following setting for my DNS server.


0/ On Red hat Enterprise 6 server


1/ I have fully registered domain i.e. onami.co.uk with company www.uk2.net on their server conanical name exists.


2/ I do NOT have static IP address at my premises instead dynamic address with router holding ip 192.168.1254 and allocating a IP to my DNS server 192.168.1.100


3/ In /etc/named.conf file modified and to added zone record for onami.co.uk forward and onami.rev.zone for reverse zone check two files stored in /var/named/data/ directories.


4/ when I ran “service named restart” I get response Stopping named [OK] starting named [OK]


5/ After analysing /var/log/messages I get following details
Code:
 tail /var/log/messages 
 Aug 29 13:00:47 hawk named[5113]: zone 1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa/IN: loaded serial 0 
 Aug 29 13:00:47 hawk named[5113]: zone 1.168.192.in-addr.arpa/IN: loaded serial 2011082700 
 Aug 29 13:00:47 hawk named[5113]: zone 1.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.ip6.arpa/IN: loaded serial 0 
 Aug 29 13:00:47 hawk named[5113]: zone localhost.localdomain/IN: loaded serial 0 
 Aug 29 13:00:47 hawk named[5113]: zone localhost/IN: loaded serial 0 
 Aug 29 13:00:47 hawk named[5113]: zone onami.co.uk/IN: loaded serial 2011082700 
 Aug 29 13:00:47 hawk named[5113]: managed-keys-zone ./IN: loaded serial 16 
 Aug 29 13:00:47 hawk named[5113]: zone onami.co.uk/IN: sending notifies (serial 2011082700) 
 Aug 29 13:00:47 hawk named[5113]: zone 1.168.192.in-addr.arpa/IN: sending notifies (serial 2011082700) 
 Aug 29 13:00:47 hawk named[5113]: running

6/ When I ran dig command with onami.co.uk I get following details:
Code:
 dig www.onami.co.uk 

  
 ; <<>> DiG 9.7.3-RedHat-9.7.3-2.el6 <<>> www.onami.co.uk 

 ;; global options: +cmd 

 ;; Got answer: 

 ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 15297 

 ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0 

  
 ;; QUESTION SECTION: 
 ;www.onami.co.uk.        IN    A 
  
 ;; ANSWER SECTION: 
 www.onami.co.uk.    86400    IN    CNAME    onami.co.uk. 
 onami.co.uk.        26055    IN    A    83.170.69.51 

  
 ;; Query time: 23 msec 

 ;; SERVER: 192.168.1.254#53(192.168.1.254) 

 ;; WHEN: Mon Aug 29 13:01:32 2011 

 ;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 63
But when I try to use in firefox www.onami.co.uk instead company's web site ...nothing..but sausage



I am well and truly pI$$$$$$£@



If any one knows the remedy for this ….



Thanks forum



shy