Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Problem with my virtual console

Thread: Problem with my virtual console

Hi all,
    I am facing this weird problem with my virtual console.
    I have ubuntu karmic.9.10.
    When i start my system, the gnome session starts up normally.I have 2 user accounts in my system.when i go to virtual console pressing (ctrl+alt+f1) and type my first_user_account and password and i press enter, it returns back to the login again asking user name and password. but it works properly with my second_user_account.why is this happening? any one please help..

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Please check the user account in the /etc/passwd file as it might be getting a /sbin/nologin shell.

Please let me know if it solves the issue.

Thanks
    Kulpreet

Hei \,
    I found the reason for this anamoly. It was because i was creating .bash_login.file.now i got to know why is this happening when i create a new file.(It was not existing,I had to create one .I just created it for some playing with ubuntu.).I removed the .bash_login file and everything is back to normal.Can any one please explain me the anamolous behaviour of the bash_login file???

Thanks in advance.

Hi ubunfan. I encountered also that bash_log file. I think it is suspicious one. I hope that we can find answers immediately.