Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

i need to block p2p ie utorrent,bittorrent and limewire.

Thread: i need to block p2p ie utorrent,bittorrent and limewire.

i need to block p2p ie utorrent,bittorrent and limewire.

i am absolutly new to ubuntu(linux). i installed ubuntu server 11.4 and am happy for that.
    i have read farious forums on general configuration and i have done much. But i cant locate how to configure the firewall to block this programs or ports used. they are over using our company internet bandwidth.we have over 100 computers and i cant go to each computer uninstalling the programs, please i wish to set a policy which will be only allowing traffic from such programs only after working hours. ie from 7:10am- 6:29pm block and from 6:30pm-7:00am allow

i will be glad to find the solution.my email is kenyoroj@yahoo.com

thanks
    kenyoroj
    Last edited by kenyoroj; 05-10-2011 at 06:07 PM. Reason: adding email address

Hi,

I would suggest you to configure squid proxy. Throuch which you can block or allow a website or ports to particular port.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hey kenyoroj , do 1 thng....istead of typing the sites in squid.conf.. go to /usr/local/etc i.e cd /usr/local/etc
    then open with nano or vi restrictedsites.squid ....put the name of the sites in this .... thn open squid.conf n write
    acl badsites dstdomain "usr/local/etc/restrictedsites.squid"
    http_access deny badsites

put the name of the sites containing these websites..... u may require lot of time for searching these websites but if u put the websites in it,it will not only block torrent it will block the website itself

it will work ...report me wat happened