Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Fedora 13 help setting up ftp for a user to have permission to web directory (newbie)

Thread: Fedora 13 help setting up ftp for a user to have permission to web directory (newbie)

Fedora 13 help setting up ftp for a user to have permission to web directory (newbie)

Hi guys

First day of using linux could do with some help i have succesfully installed vsftpd which is running however I do with some advice on how to complete this task.

I need to be able to login as a local user called ops this is what I have done so far

I have setup the vsftpd.conf
    so that anonmous user cannot login however local cannot not
    write is enable the local unmask is 022
    and ascii upload and download are enable

However I still could not login as ops

I have checked the user_list config file I cannot see the ops username there to stop that account from being used.

So could give me some advice on how I have correct this I could also do with some help that I only want this account going to the apache location so that user can upload the webpages

Thanks for any help you could give

Smile ftp user permission....

hi pal,

check these if u don't need SELinux disable it. through graphical it is in Administration.Other wise it is in /etc/selinux/config. If u want it. check the boolean with command # getsebool | grep ftp (to get the ftp homedirectory status) if it is off, then use this to on # setsebool -P ftp_home_access on.

this may useful to u.

satish.B

Smile ftp user permission....

hi pal,

check these if u don't need SELinux disable it. through graphical it is in Administration.Other wise it is in /etc/selinux/config. If u want it. check the boolean with command # getsebool | grep ftp (to get the ftp homedirectory status) if it is off, then use this to on # setsebool ftp_home_access on.

this may useful to u.

satish.B