Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Flamebait: Distro of choice
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flamebait: Distro of choice

Flamebait: Distro of choice

It's been awhile... what's everyone using ?

I'm using:

On Desktop:
    LFS 3.1 with KDE3.0 Beta 2

On Laptop
    Windows 98SE (only to use TV-Out) / RedHat 7.2, Gnome 1.4
    Lappy will be Gentoo soon I hope.

On OggBoxen
    None... No HD at the moment, no time to hack it.

Re: Flamebait: Distro of choice

I installed FreeBSD 4.5 last weekend, looks good.

Mandrake. I've been using 'Drake since 7.2, and now have 8.1 on this machine. I find Mandrake to be just what I want- easy and usable out of the box with minimal fooling around. The typical standard edition comes with everything I want, and I don't have to fool around with down loading other software. It takes me less than an hour to install and configure Mandrake with my prefered window manager and apps and be completely working and ready.

I would never claim that Mandrake is "the best" or any such nonsense, but for me, an old Mac-Head, who was dragged, kicking and screeming into the Windoze world and then snuck out the back when Bill wasn't looking, Mandrake is unbeatable.

You are all idiots! DEBIAN IS TEH ONLY DISTRO!!!!!!!111

ANYBODY THAT DOES NOT USE DEBAIN IS A NAZI COMMUNIST BASTARD AND SHOULD BE SHOT!!!!!!!1

(hey, it said flamebait ;D)

real men use slackware ..

Main workstation (yoda) LFS/Fluxbox

Web/Mail/FTP server (anakin) Red Hat 7.2 (no X)

Console Laptop (greedo) Red Hat 7.2 / Fluxbox

Work Laptop (han-solo) Win2k / Serenade (soon to be redhat 7.2 with xp pro in vmware)

DNS/NFS server (obi-wan) Solaris 8 / no X (sparc 20)

The Woman's workstation (princess) Win98se

Debain (Woody) and RedHat - Redhat on my big machine,
    the wifes machine and debain as the web/samba/when i feel like using debian machine.

Work: W2k on workstation. NT/2000 and Netware 5.0/5.1 on servers
    Home: WXP/Slackware 8 with KDE.

OpenBSD 3.0/Red Hat/Darkfire on main box
    Slackware 8.0 on slower box

Mentor

Slackware 8.0 on both boxes with Icewm