Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Problem installing new Galeon 1.2

Thread: Problem installing new Galeon 1.2

Problem installing new Galeon 1.2

Installed the new Mozilla (0.9.9) and it is in and running ok, but having trouble with the corresponding Galeon. Keeps telling me I need Mozilla 0.9.9 (which is installed). How do I convince Galeon that Mozilla is actually there? If I tell it to force, it does install it but it won't run - I assume because it needs Mozilla. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Re: Problem installing new Galeon 1.2

hi,

try to set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to your mozilla directory .
    export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME="dir of mozilla install"

Pardon my ignorance but how do I do this? (There is still more about Linux that I do not know, then I do know.)
    hi,

try to set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to your mozilla directory .
    export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME="dir of mozilla install"

hello,
    you can put the line that ch-b suggected in your ~/.bashrc file.

At the risk of being a total pest: I am supposed to place the line:
    "export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME="dir of mozilla install""
    into the ~/bashrc file. Now for the dumb question of the day: where is the ~/bashrc file? Looked and could not find it. Sorry for the basic question but there are some parts of the Linux system that (apparently) not sinking in too fast!!
    hello,
    you can put the line that ch-b suggected in your ~/.bashrc file. *

it should be in your home dir /home/<yourloginname>
    alternatively there could be a file .bash_profile if you cant find a .bashrc then just put that line into the .bash_profile

This is getting weird! Did as you suggested. Tried installing via RPM (kept saying it needs Mozilla 0.9.9). Tried Tarball - told me I needed GLIB (which is also in there). If I tried to installed it using --nodeps it did install, but would not open up. Gave the following message: "Crashed - /usr/bin/galeon-bin process 3165 Segmentation fault" Meanwhile Mozilla works great (much faster than before).
    it should be in your home dir /home/<yourloginname>
    alternatively there could be a file .bash_profile if you cant find a .bashrc then just put that line into *the .bash_profile

strange, you could try to compile from source maybe it works ...

an alterrnative to installing from .src is to use a package manager
    [like up2date, apt-get, urpmi, or apt-rpm)