Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Email notifications

Thread: Email notifications

Email notifications

Hey Peter, can you change the email notifications that come for subscribed threads that get posts? Currently they come in as 'Quick HOWTO: Linux Home" in Gmail. I am continually accidentally marking them as spam, or overlooking them entirely.

Just a suggestion..
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

It uses the title of the forum of the home page.

I could change it to "LHN Forums" or just "Linux Home Networking Forums" or "Linuxhomenetworking.com"

You are right it isn't that intuitive. Let me see.

My sites:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -

I like 'LHN Forums' its short and gets everything across I need to quickly classify the message. With short column length anything longer gets truncated.

Thanks Peter!
    jro -

Let me play around with this on the weekend. There may be more changes.

My sites:
    -

Is there a way I can actually stop getting emails about it? I check the site daily anyway
    My Website:

My Website Uptime:

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+

Check out Settings->Forum Settings->Default Thread Subscription Mod

The default method when you post in a forum is to be subscribed to it, you get emails for any thread you are subscribed to. You will probably have to unsubscribe from any current threads, but going forward you should stop getting those emails.
    jro -

Peter, I just saw the new notification subject, much better, mucho gracious!
    jro -

No problem

My sites:
    -