Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Fake CDroms and monitoring programs

Thread: Fake CDroms and monitoring programs

Hybrid View

Associate

Fake CDroms and monitoring programs

First I want to create a partition that looks like a cd rom drive to programs. Second I am looking for a program that will monitor another program.

The monitoring program I want it to tell me if the program I am watching makes any changes to files, runs other programs, or sends any info out over the net. Is there anything out that does that?

Brett

Re: Fake CDroms and monitoring programs

hello,
    i am not sure about the monitering program, for the CDrom just do a mount -o loop -t iso9660 /locaiton/of/cd.iso /mount/point/

of course the the directory /mount/point needs to exist.

Associate

You don't even need a seperate partition all u need is a iso image?

hello,
    i am not sure about the monitering program, *for the CDrom just do a mount -o loop -t iso9660 /locaiton/of/cd.iso /mount/point/

of course the the directory /mount/point needs to exist.

You don't even need a seperate partition all u need is a iso image?

Thats correct.

for seeing if it sends anything over the net you can run a packet sniffer, for file changes.....
    okay got it, make a new user, with write access to only ~, then just keep checking whats created/changed.

Associate

I don't get it. a new user with write access only. So I run the program with the user with write access only?

make a new user, with write access to only ~, then just keep checking whats created/changed.

hmm never used such a thing but you could try some intrusion detection systems to monitor a program

http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=intru...ction=projects

I don't get it. a new user with write access only. So I run the program with the user with write access only?

err the user can only write to ~ (~ mean their homedirectory) so anything that the program changes has to be in their homedirectory (make sure you ls -a or ls -A)