Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

mail server configuration....

Thread: mail server configuration....

mail server configuration....

hi all

i am trying to configuring mail server in ubuntu 9. first i want to test in local network.
    anybody can send me the configuration with postfix.

iam very thankful to them.

satish.

I am unfortunately no help here, though I am watching this thread with interest, because I too am interested in making a mail server using Ubuntu 9.04
    My Website:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Website Uptime:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+

Satish, the default Postfix package with Ubuntu come pre-configured to send mail internally. You can test with the mail program to see if it works.

Code:
    echo "Does this work??" | mail -s "Test internal email" yourAddress@here.com
    If you could be more specific as to what you want to accomplish I can provide more detailed answers. I have setup multiple email servers for both internal and external mail delivery.
    jro -

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

jro! It's been a long time! Where have you been hiding?

My sites:
    -

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    jro! It's been a long time! Where have you been hiding?
    Hi Peter, I have been hiding under 2 more kids and a new job. Pretty much went totally off the radar there for a while. Doing a lot less programming lately, mostly admin work. Whats new around here?
    jro -

Not much here. The forums are continuing. I did an upgrade on the vbulletin software and the new theme looks clean. I'm thinking of getting rid of ads altogether for members when they log in. They were really distracting and I think they were discouraging new members from participating. I may just leave them off for a while altogether too. I'll wait and see.

I have a new job too and learning a lot of new things, but less hands on than I used to be. Beezlebubsbum and I have been the most active members recently. It would be good to have you back.

My sites:
    -

Thanks Peter, its good to be back. I honestly haven't been on any forums much in the last 2 years. I tried the Ubuntu forums but I got tired of the sheer volume. You would post something remotely controversial and the next day there would be 4 pages of replies, with the last post being some Indian sounding nickname asking a completely unrelated question in broken English..
    jro -