Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
How to redirect to the other server

Thread: How to redirect to the other server

How to redirect to the other server

Hi,

I got a problem related to the Apache server. In this case I'm still doing on virtual machine which is VirtualBox. I'm using Bridged Networking on every virtual machine.

Let say I have 3 different machine act as a server (server A,B and C) and other virtual machine as a client. Server A is the primary server now and serve the foo.com site. But another server (B and C) still haven't up yet (act as a backup server). My question is, how to acomplish if server A turned down and change it to server B or C with the same IP address which is foo.com?. So the site still can up and running to serve to the client.

I hope you guys are clear about my question, and I hope everyone can share opinion about my problem.

Thank you.

The manual way to do this would be to:

1. Use IP aliases on the servers for the website IP addresses. This way you can log into server A, B or C using a unique versus a shared IP address.
    2. Only have one of the servers withe the website IP address active at a time
    3. Sync the the IP address, webserver configurations between the servers.
    4. Manually activate the IP address of the standby server when the primary server fails

The automatic way to do it would be to use something like Linux HA http://www.linux-ha.org/
    Last edited by peter; 11-18-2009 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Fix formatting

My sites:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.