Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

RH Wont Boot!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RH Wont Boot!!

RH Wont Boot!!

I tried installing RH7x on my laptop. However, it doesnt boot off of the CD. I have RH running on all of my other computers, so it can't be the CD. I checked in the BIOS to see if it'll boot off of CD-ROMs, and it will. It will boot other CDs too.

Any suggestions? I tried creating a startup disk. No go...

Bobby

Good Guru

Re: RH Wont Boot!!

Is the CD still readable? Did you tried to mount in other machines and tested it??

Did you also check the boot order?? Because a lot of time I've made sure and I sitll missed it. :

Other than that, I don't know. I've some CDs that I can read but they won't boot. My guess is that the data or the area that holds bootable info ( the 2.88 MB area ) got somehow corrupted.

boot order fine...
    Yes, i can still read it. I can still boot off of it, just not with that laptop.

Bobby

Good Guru

Can your laptop boot other OSes like WinNT or Win2K bootable disks?? Some CD-ROMs doesn't support boot off if they are not ATAPI compatible.

<Edited>

I just saw the section you said you can boot other CDs from that laptop... :-/ ... I've run out of ideas.

Hmm..yea...
    Is there an install boot disk i can make. I made a bootdisk at the end of RH install on my one computer. I stuck that in, and again, it didnt work.

Bobby

Kind Mastermind

Hmm..yea...
    Is there an install boot disk i can make. I made a bootdisk at the end of RH install on my one computer. I stuck that in, and again, it didnt work.

Bobby
    Do you have access to a windows machine? If so, you should be able to rawrite yourself a fresh install disk off of the redhat cd.

I didnt find a rawwrite utility.

Bobby

Kind Mastermind

Thanks for posting the link. It is greatly appreciated.

If memory serves me....if the disk is readable then you can boot to dos the cd to cdrom then go to directory dosutils and you can find the file that is named autoboot or autobat..something like this. If you execute this file it fill load linux kerenl and start the installation.