Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Device Eth1 does not seem to be present

Thread: Device Eth1 does not seem to be present

Device Eth1 does not seem to be present

Device Eth1 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization.

What do I need to do to get this puppy working? I am using CLI on Fedora 10.

Any help would be great. Thank you.

Are there any errors in in /var/log/messages? What does the output of dmesg give? Is this wireless?

My sites:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nadda

From both spots, I have nothing that references eth1. I did notice that in the start-up process, from the /var/log/messages, it did indicate 2 plug and play network cards. Also by doing an lspci, it shows the two cards as well.

this is a fresh install with which I didn't include the second card as I figured I would install it later...so if I ever had to do a reinstall/repair, it's not like it would be the end of the world. I'd just like to know for future ref if I was in a situation where a reinstall is not an option.

If you're using Ubuntu, look in /etc/network/interfaces and make sure eth1 isn't defined there. If you're using a Red Hat based distro, check in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and make sure ifcfg-eth1 either doesn't exist, or it is set to not initialize on boot.

Associate
    I wonder if you did what I did once ---- Enabled eth0 during the install, which is an onboard interface in my case, with live network connected, but the OS (fedora?) I was using ignored eth0 and initialized eth1 on a network card that was in the computer for later use and not connected to the intranet.
    I remember one of the things I had to do, was edit the part of 'hal' that references networks from eth1 to eth0. I forget what else I had to do. I don't think editing "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts" cured the problem.