Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

create linux user accounts over the internet

Thread: create linux user accounts over the internet

create linux user accounts over the internet

I'm trying to create user accounts in redhat linux 9 over the internet. I am using a php script to create accounts. There i used sudo commands to create user accounts. I could create the user account but couldn't give the pasword for that user. I tried to use md5 command to encrypt pasword. But in shadow file it seems to be different from those passwords created using passwd command.
    Please help me !

well what php script have u tried can u just put on the source code of it

are u trying to create users or ru trying to give the existing users some priviledges

Thanks a lot.
    I tried many many times and finally got the solution.
    this is the code I used. Hope would be help somebody else also.

$stud="username";
    $group="Group";;
    $home="/home/".$stud;

$enc=crypt($Passwd);

$file = "sudo useradd -g $group $stud -c $group -e 2005-12-31 -p '$enc' -d '$home' ;sudo passwd $stud:$enc;sudo chown $stud:$group ";

$resu = exec($file);

Unless you need to use your PHP script to create user, you can check another useful tool from Webmin.com:

http://www.webmin.com

You can manage almost linux's function through its web interface (user management for example)

Regards