Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Window 7 Install - "No drives were found"

Thread: Window 7 Install - "No drives were found"

Unhappy Window 7 Install - "No drives were found"

Hi all,

I was happily using Windows 7 on my old IDE drive up until last night when I tried to install the OS on my new SATA drive. I go to the point where it asks me to 'Install Now'. However, it could not pick up my Sata drive.

Please Help!

Here are some details:
    MOBO : ASUS P5KPL-AM
    I removed all drives besides the SATA Drive

- itchap

Quote Originally Posted by itchap View Post
    Hi all,

I was happily using Windows 7 on my old IDE drive up until last night when I tried to install the OS on my new SATA drive. I go to the point where it asks me to 'Install Now'. However, it could not pick up my Sata drive.

Please Help!

Here are some details:
    MOBO : ASUS P5KPL-AM
    I removed all drives besides the SATA Drive

- itchap
    You may need drivers for your SATA chipset, or try a different SATA controller. I would go to the ASUS website and download the SATA driver. If there isn't one for Windows 7 you might try a driver from Vista.

Another option may be going to your bios and enabling IDE emulation on your sata drive, so it actually appears as a IDE hard drive (you would have to do the same thing with Windows XP if you wanted to install it on the same drive). Have a look at your hard drive settings in the bios, there should be an option to change its mode, mine gives me the following options: "uhci, raid, ide". Give that a go and see how it turns out
    My Website:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Website Uptime:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+