Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

now I network.... now I don't..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: now I network.... now I don't.....

Associate

Question Observations......

Hi Peter,
    Thanks for your reply.... It heartens me to know that sitting here in this interior rural village I can get some good advice and share my observations.... and get some guidance

There are two observations that I have

1. This card is working in windows! Since both my computers are for teaching the children about computers, they are dual booting with windows and can share files etc normally in Windows. Hence nothing wrong with the NIC

2. Why is it that when I do a 'Service network restart' on the server then they can ping each other perfectly for 30 seconds. Is it possible that after a service restart there is another service which blocks the network.

3. These computers were sharing internet connection before I installed Edubuntu on Computer 2 (whose info I had posted earlier). And only when I reinstalled FC9 that it started giving me problems. Which is why I thought that the problem should be located on the Comp 2.

Thanks Alok

What does tcpdump show when you try to ping and it fails? I think you have something on your network that is either doing proxy arp when it shouldn't or some device with more than one interface is set to bridging mode and then starts blocking traffic after the typical spanning tree intervals. Both are long shots, but tcpdump or wireshark will be able to help a lot more.

What does the /var/log/messages file say when the problem starts? Set syslog to log at a debugging level and check the file again when it happens again.

My sites:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Associate

Thumbs up Eth0 not recognised

Thanks Peter for your support.

I finally managed to get my ethernet card working BUT with fedora 11. I had finally realised that last time when I had installed FC9, I had also managed to update some of the packages. And since I wanted to see what Ubuntu felt like I had installed it and when it did not work out for me I had re-installed FC9 but this time I could not manage to update it which led me to figure out that there was some update or firmware support which was added later for Davicom adaptors and hence I decided to try and get the FC11 and BINGO..!! It worked within 10 minutes of installation with the same settings.....

That's good to hear!

My sites:
    -