Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Flawless, Painless Upgrade to Mandrake 8.2

Thread: Flawless, Painless Upgrade to Mandrake 8.2

Flawless, Painless Upgrade to Mandrake 8.2

I just upgraded from Mandrake 8.1 to 8.2 by using the three CD download set and running the Mandrake Upgrade option. 'Drake looked over my system and upgraded the base system and all of installed packages. It did so with no problems at all.

What do I think of it? I'll let you know, but right away, I like the work they did one the control center.

Good Guru

Re: Flawless, Painless Upgrade to Mandrake 8.2

I got Drake up on one of my spare rigs. ITs not bad. I jsut gotta figure out how to disable that god forsaken auto login garbage. It is not enabled in GNOME, so when I get around to it I have to wade thru all of X's config files to see wazzup. I probably will put fluxbox/xdm on it and remove alot of garbage from it in the end. Its not as bad as some of the previous revisions and definitely not that bad to make me put Slack or RedHat on it (after installing it and a shitload of games)

I got Drake up on one of my spare rigs. ITs not bad. I jsut gotta figure out how to disable that god forsaken auto login garbage. It is not enabled in GNOME, so when I get around to it I have to wade thru all of X's config files to see wazzup. I probably will put fluxbox/xdm on it and remove alot of garbage from it in the end. Its not as bad as some of the previous revisions and definitely not that bad to make me put Slack or RedHat on it (after installing it and a shitload of games)
    That graphical stuff is Aurora, just remove the package. I never install it in the first place.

the graphical boot messages is Aurora. the auto login stuff is different. if you want to turn it off, open the control, go to boot, then boot config, and there are your two options. check box if you want X to auto start, and if you want it to start, do you want it to automatically login a user...if so which one? if you want to boot to CLI always, just uncheck the box for "Launch the X window system at start" if you check it but don't do autologin it will start x and give you the graphical login screen.