Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Configuring Mail Server in RHEL5

Thread: Configuring Mail Server in RHEL5

Configuring Mail Server in RHEL5

Dear All,

I didn't have any idea about mail service in rhel, i want to configure mail server in my RHEL5 server please help me.post the good links regarding mail server in rhel5

Post answer

which mail server do u want??
    It's not a particular sit ewhich can let u tellabt every mail server
    Thanks,
    Rakesh
    +919312795452(INDIA)

Try Qmail

http://sylvestre.ledru.info/howto/ho...l_vpopmail.php

above link should work on rhel5

as an option, you may try for ubuntu/debian ref: http://www.linux-bd.com/

i want to install Squirrel mail. please suggest me to configure it in rhel5

Squirrel Mail is a web interface to your system's mail system.
    First, you need to install an MTA (qmail can take care of this for you). Next, you need to install an IMAP server, for that I recommend dovecot. Afterwards you need to setup an HTTP server (apache would be a solid choice) with PHP and then you can install squirrel mail.

I know that was a rough overview, but hopefully enough to put you on the right path.
    63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs,
    ya get 1 whacked with a service pack,
    now there's 63,005 bugs in the code!!

First thanx for your reply. but i don't exactly, what is MTA and how to install or configure i don't know,but I want to do some triles (work) on this with your tips.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_transfer_agent

qmail is an MTA. I've never used it, but I have used postfix. They are relatively simple to configure and get working, the trick is in setting up security.

Sorry for the short reply, but I'm in a hurry. Let me know if you run into any problems.
    63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs,
    ya get 1 whacked with a service pack,
    now there's 63,005 bugs in the code!!

Hi Mentor,

At last i desided to configure qmail in my rhel5 server by using below link.
    www.qmailrocks.org.....

Any way thanks for ur reply.....

:-------
    Ravi...

Hi

Hi ravi Did u succeeded with qmail installations i m too planning to install it
    If any suggestions pls post them.