Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Licq and skipjack

Thread: Licq and skipjack

Licq and skipjack

I just installed SkipJack and it runs great on my computer (Red Hat is so much more easier than Slackware.....I need to load Slack back if I want to learn though.) Anyway, on the installation, I set it to use the High Security settings for setting the firewall. Now, when I try to tun Licq, it does not connect (does not change to anything else than offline.) Would this be something to do with the firewall or would my licq be broken?

Re: Licq and skipjack

hmm. I have a linksys router and all ports coming into my computer are blocked and I never have trouble connecting in licq. I only have problems with file transfers and other direct connections. Would a firewall do something more then block all incoming ports? Also I don't think you necessarily need slack to learn. Redhat can be good for learning too.

Redhat can be good for learning too.
    I know. But Slack makes you do everything by hand, som you have to learn how the files and settings works. I.e. learn to configure all things by hand instead of the system doing it for you.

The high security firewall shouldn't have stopped you from connecting, but just to test, open a term, su - to root, and then type this:

service ipchains stop ; service iptables stop

this will shut down your firewall, then try to run licq again.

BTW, since you are on skipjack, why don't you give the rpm's I made for licq a try? the links for them is in "Software Issues"

The high security firewall shouldn't have stopped you from connecting, but just to test, open a term, su - to root, and then type this:

service ipchains stop ; service iptables stop

this will shut down your firewall, then try to run licq again.

BTW, since you are on skipjack, why don't you give the rpm's I made for licq a try? *the links for them is in "Software Issues"
    Sure. What's the difference between that rpm and the one packaged with redhat?