Thread: KDE 3.0 out on cvs now ..

KDE 3.0 out on cvs now ..

according to this article kde 3.0 hast just been released on cvs and binaries will be released in a few days .
    http://newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=02/03/29/1640231

Re: KDE 3.0 out on cvs now ..

NOOO

I just finished compiling and configuring KDE3 RC3 - and man was compiling with optimizations on GCC 3.0.4 ever a bitch.

Crap, I'll get on downloading the sources later..

NOOO

I just finished compiling and configuring KDE3 RC3 - and man was compiling with optimizations on GCC 3.0.4 ever a bitch.

Crap, I'll get on downloading the sources later..
    Me too. But if I'm not mistaken, KDE rc3 and KDE 3.0 final are one and the same.

Me too. But if I'm not mistaken, KDE rc3 and KDE 3.0 final are one and the same.
    There are a few bug in KDE3, which are being fixed... kdemultimedia doesn't play well with GCC 3.0.4 fx.

First of all, I'm to this forum. Hi everyone - I popped over from linuxnewbie.org because that site is getting deader and deader by the day...

I tried KDE3 final (3.0.0) out from the tarballs and it is working beautifully on my Debian Woody box (gcc 2.95.4). The only errors I did have while compiling were due to missing libraries - not really errors as such, because they help you get what you need.

Overall, it's damn nice. Konqueror has been majorly improved since 2.1 (2.2 less so), and the only thing missing now is tabbed browsing, which is due in 3.1 AFAIR. Everything is integrated so well, we are getting to the stage now where if you set two people down to use a Windows desktop and a KDE desktop, they would probably choose KDE every time. That's got to be good news.