Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

LFS worshipping thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LFS worshipping thread

LFS worshipping thread

Man my LFS system rocks... I love it so much..

Just you wait untill I get a free weekend again, then I'll make a new one... just to prove my love to it...

Surely no man, woman or children would not resists a compiled from scratch, up to date - tweaked and tuned OS..

I'm looking forward to the glibc/gcc peoples attempt on building a stable object prelinking, so I can make my entire system 50% fast when loading stuff..

So the plan for Gnu/LoveLinux Gen2:

Glibc 2.2.5 (or higher)
    GCC 3.0.4 (or higher)
    KDE3
    XFree 4.2
    ALSA
    -jp kernel series
    Writting a scriptset for handling source packs, ftrace usage maybe.

Re: LFS worshipping thread

My current LFS system is the CVS version from Jan 14, 2002, it's a bit dated. LFS 3.2 just came out, and I'm eager to start over with that version.

Luckily, this is my last week of school this month, as next week is spring break. Plenty of time then! Ooooh yeah

LFS was cool when i had the spare time. Unfortionatly I dont' have that much time anymore, so I"ve moved back to Red Hat. I *may* attempt gentoo on a laptop, if/when I get some time...

Lovechild: if you stopped posting for no reason in every thread and starting new topics all the time, maybe you would have a life.

But then he wouldn't be in the lead! We can't have that, now can we?

But then he wouldn't be in the lead! We can't have that, now can we?
    Compunuts was during a long time the number one poster.

Yep, and it's a good thing we got him out of that position, because we really do need LC to be the top poster!

where are you finding this -jp kernel series?

I must say I enjoyed doing my LFS systems. I did 3 in all, each a bit diffrent. One I used slack pack for instalaltion of new packages. One I didn't use any package management, and another I attempted to use checkpack or something but it didn't work well. Don't forget there are other ways to make your own distro! Explore them as well!

where are you finding this -jp kernel series?
    http://infolinux.de/jp7
    seems like jp6 has dissapeared from the site ..