Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

auto mount file system

Thread: auto mount file system

Hybrid View

auto mount file system

Hi,

How do i enable auto mount file system in my system? I am using linux ver4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Um...need a clarify things a bit here. Since Linux normally would refer to the kernel and that would normally be 2.6.x I'm not following you on the linux ver4...there's no such thing.

What you should have is a distrobution/flavor of linux..like Ubuntu,Fedora,Suse,Slax,Gentoo...etc. etc.

Automounting is handled by different way...sometimes by the desktop environment ...something line Gnome,KDE,XFCE,Enlightenment. etc.

I use Gnome and automounting is handled via the gnome-volume-manager which is controlled from gconf-editor.

There are other ways depending on what your actually running.

Associate
    It would be easier if you let us know what you are trying to achieve (e.g. automounting homedirs, cdrom etc). Then someone can point you to the right direction. HTH
    Ce-GNU-LUG

When i insert my pendrive or cd, each time i have to mount it manually and it it doesnot auto mount, i want it to auto mount when i insert the cd or pendrive.

I would still like to know more about what distro for more specific help..but..

You could try something like this in your /etc/fstab

/dev/sda1 /mnt/usbdrv auto auto,user,rw,exec 0 0

where /dev/sda1=path to the device and /mnt/usbdrv is the mount point.

Associate
    Like Witchlight said, telling us your distro would be helpful. If you have either the latest SuSE or Fedora, read about 'halmount'. HTH
    Ce-GNU-LUG