Thread: Download Sources

Hybrid View

Download Sources

I recently upgraded to Fedora 10 and have been having some strange problems. The updater keeps trying to download repository lists and tries to update the list (pop ups every few seconds). I disabled this by selecting the option to update once a week. Also, the sound had been working until yesterday, but stopped working after an update.
    My question is: which repositories do you recommend to update from. I am using Fedora 10, 64 bit. I am hoping that a "proper" update will fix some of these problems.

Associate

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rjmort View Post
    I recently upgraded to Fedora 10 and have been having some strange problems. The updater keeps trying to download repository lists and tries to update the list (pop ups every few seconds). I disabled this by selecting the option to update once a week. Also, the sound had been working until yesterday, but stopped working after an update.
    My question is: which repositories do you recommend to update from. I am using Fedora 10, 64 bit. I am hoping that a "proper" update will fix some of these problems.
    I've been using Fedora since Fedora 2, and never "needed" anything but the normal Fedora repositories. There are others available, but I'm not on Fedora right and I can't remember what they are.
    Anyway, for putting your system back in order, you would probably want the normal Fedora repos. Have you tried yum? Do a man yum and try cleaning out old info.
    Better advice is surely available at the Fedora Forums.