Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Slackware8 - totally discombobulated pppd!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slackware8 - totally discombobulated pppd!

Slackware8 - totally discombobulated pppd!

OK. *I have really screwedup my pppsetup. *Now when I type ppp-go at commandline I get stuck in some mode with on@# for a prompt that I can't get out of unless i shutdown.
    Can I just delete everything and start over w/o reinstalling the entire os? *??? And no pppsetup won't run now to run it again.

Re: Slackware8 - totally discombobulated pppd!

hello,
    check out /etc/ppp/options to see if there is anything goofy in there, i would remove and reinstall the package.

Did you happen to upgrade to the new kernel and upgrade ppd from a slackpack? If so that's your prob... I once did that and the slackpack from the officfial ftp was messed up and it didnt work what I had to do is build ppd from source...

Pbharris, how do i remove and reinstall the pkg? I don't have ppp options anymore its now pppd options don't know how I changed it??? BTW I want to use isapnptools and I have it on the install disk might have it on the hdd but maybe need to install it or decompress it???
    How do I do that? Thanks

removepkg? pkgremove... SOmething like that... what I suggest is for you to remove pppd and then build it from source.. removepkg pppd?

I don't know how to rebuild kernel or install or remove pkges unless its using pkgtool. Anyway I tried removing ppp pkge and then cld not install one i downloaded onto floppy. So I reformatted /dev/hde2 and hde3 for linux reinstalled everything... still no internet connection although I am back to being able to initiate modem and get feedback frm server till the connection script fails. Wonder discovery w/ ea reinstall of slack8 i get a slightly diff variation ...lol of problems that is.

Have you solved this?
    If not try to remove pppd package and download the source and compile it... If you need help pm me...

gmoreno
    Have not resolved PPP config or connection. *Gave up till last night set creative modem blaster 56 DI5601 to non-pnp and just got it to work in win98se just now. guess i will take u up on your offer for assist b/c I don't have a clue about removing pkgs, downloading or compiling anything regarding linux.

go to /var/log/packages to see a list ot packages installed on the Slackware box. removepkg removes packages, installpkg installs slack-packs.

thanks but today i did connect. got a remote and local in xterm but was not able to get Netscape to work. Got Netscape uanable to locate the server. Please check server name. Netscape looks pretty weird in x-window... not familiar with it. Also got a cache error message??? And when I tried to launch Lyx got an error message can't open.
    So guess it will take me another year to get a browser to work... Next try will be genome and then kde ... i thought i had installed all the browers - to try. thanks again