Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Connection Sharing

Thread: Connection Sharing

Hybrid View

Connection Sharing

I have come across a tough problem. I have 3 linux computers. I will refer to them as PC1, PC2 and PC3. PC1 and PC2 connect to each other with serial radios over a few miles. I use ppp to connect them. PC1 is the "dial in" system and has an ip address of 192.168.1.1. PC2 is assigned an IP of 192.168.1.200. The connection works great. Now PC3 connects to PC1 via a wireless card. The application I am doing this for requires that PC3 and PC1 be connected via 80211. The connection between PC1 and PC3 works perfect. PC3 has an ip address of 192.168.1.3. Now I can ping PC1 from PC3 and PC1 can ping PC2, but I cannot ping PC2 from PC3. I know that I cannot bridge wlan and ppp because of network layers 2 and 3, so I tried to use iptables to route the packets. I put in the following commands on PC1:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE

iptables -A FORWARD -i ath0 -o ppp0 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

iptables -A FORWARD -i ppp0 -o ath0 -j ACCEPT

echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

But I still cant ping PC2 from PC3. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have been googleing for 2 days with no luck. Thanks in advance for any help.

use routing

what is your gateway ip for all the 3 machines. try using routing software for it.