Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Installing OpenLDAP. Could anyone help me, please?

Thread: Installing OpenLDAP. Could anyone help me, please?

Installing OpenLDAP. Could anyone help me, please?

HI,

I am trying to install OpenLDAP server on Redhat Enterprise Linux 4 (AS) .

I am using openldap-stable-20080813.tgz package downloaded from openldap.org site. Before that as the pre-requisites I have installed cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.tar.gz for SASL libraries, db-4.2.52.tar.gz for Berkeley DB, openssl-0.9.8j.tar.gz for OpenSSL.

The first error I got while installing the OpenLDAP is when using the "make depend". It says that "The LDAP server can't be found".

I thought may be it is the problem with the DNS resolving, so I have installed it and then it worked fine. But later, again it says that the "Berkeley-DB version is not accepted."

Upon ignoring all these errors, I have installed the OpenLDAP nad configured the slapd.conf file,

and when I say
    ldapsearch -x -d5 , i get the following error:

ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP server (-1).

I hope I will get a answer soon.

Thanks and Regards,
    eshwar..

Quote Originally Posted by eshwar18 View Post
    HI,

I am trying to install OpenLDAP server on Redhat Enterprise Linux 4 (AS) .

I am using openldap-stable-20080813.tgz package downloaded from openldap.org site. Before that as the pre-requisites I have installed cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.tar.gz for SASL libraries, db-4.2.52.tar.gz for Berkeley DB, openssl-0.9.8j.tar.gz for OpenSSL.

The first error I got while installing the OpenLDAP is when using the "make depend". It says that "The LDAP server can't be found".

I thought may be it is the problem with the DNS resolving, so I have installed it and then it worked fine. But later, again it says that the "Berkeley-DB version is not accepted."

Upon ignoring all these errors, I have installed the OpenLDAP nad configured the slapd.conf file,

and when I say
    ldapsearch -x -d5 , i get the following error:

ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP server (-1).

I hope I will get a answer soon.

Thanks and Regards,
    eshwar..
    Why did you elect to compile these things instead of acquire them through yum? If the issue is one where you are using Red Hat and don't have an entitlement, convert it to CentOS. As for your error, you should post what your slapd.conf is (minus the private parts). Further, does your LDAP database actually contain anything?