Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Auto Update problem

Thread: Auto Update problem

Question Auto Update problem

Auto update (Suse 10.2) has been working fine until the past week. I have altered nothing that I am aware of, but every time an update is attempted I get messages saying that some of the stuff cannot be accessed - I forget the precise wording. Pressing "skip" makes it carry on until the next similar message, and so on. In the end the update fails. All this is sad, because I have been so impressed with the way that the system auto-updates. What has changed, and what do I have to change please ????

Please provide the exact message you get. Are there messages that show up in the /var/logs/messages file?

The following appear when I hover over the Update icon:-

error.
    Couldn't restore source.
    Detail: Can't provide //media.1 from http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/ftp.opensus.../repo/non-oss/
    Couldn't restore source.
    Detail: Can't provide //media.1 from http:://ftp.skynet.be/pub/ftp.opensuse/distribution/10.2/repo/oss/

When I go to message log I get told that Access is denied, despite (I think), being in root.

Quote Originally Posted by toastrack View Post
    The following appear when I hover over the Update icon:-

error.
    Couldn't restore source.
    Detail: Can't provide //media.1 from http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/ftp.opensus.../repo/non-oss/
    Couldn't restore source.
    Detail: Can't provide //media.1 from http:://ftp.skynet.be/pub/ftp.opensuse/distribution/10.2/repo/oss/

When I go to message log I get told that Access is denied, despite (I think), being in root.

PS

Just got into messages Ok. There is a lot of stuff, but one recurrent message is:-

READ CAPACITY failed.

Does this help ??

The URLs in the mesage don't exist. I get a 404 message. That could be the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by flossi View Post
    The URLs in the mesage don't exist. I get a 404 message. That could be the problem.

OK, but this then raises the question - Why is the auto-update suddenly beginning to look for them ??

Thanks !

I took your hint, and under Update Sources it sussed out the problem urls and asked if I wanted to delete them. I agreed, and all now seems fine (fingers crossed)

So thamks for the lead, but there's still the puzzle as to how / why they appeared.