(Note: OpenSuSE fills the need for the majority of users.)
(Transferred from Wiki by Peter)
- First off you'll need to have a working CD burner under in your current OS and about 700MB of free space.
- Next download everything from ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/current. Under linux it is as easy as: wget -r ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/current/.
- Then, cd into the disks directory and create the boot disk for yor current set up. Under windows you'll want to use rawrite and under Linux and BSD you'll use
Code:dd if=FILENAME of=/dev/FLOPPYNAME.
- Now burn the files directly to CD from the so that you have a mirror of whats at the i386 ftp site.
- Reboot with the floppy(s) and have fun!