Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How to Connect Internet on RedHat 5

Thread: How to Connect Internet on RedHat 5

Question How to Connect Internet on RedHat 5

Hi to all,,

Hi I am using RedHat 5. Please, give the steps how do I Connect Cable Internet on RedHat 5.

I would greatly appreciate any help

Thanks

Are you using a router or firewall to get to the Internet or do you want to connect to the modem directly?

I am using NIC(Realtek 8139) to connect Cable Internet on RedHat 5.

Most Cable companies assign IP addresses using DHCP. You'll have to configure your NIC for DHCP to get it to work.

Is this for a server or a desktop system?

I am using for Desktop system. I tried with DHCP IP but I can not connect the Internet. PPPoE.rpm configuration required to connect it?
    This rpm already installed in system but how to config it?

Thanks for Helps

pppoe is for DSL. Are you getting link on your ethernet cable to the cable modem?

If you are using DSL, the link I gave you also outlines how to setup pppoe.