Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Hello!

a little bit about myself. i've been a linux user now for about 4 years and have a small computer repair business. just wanted to say hi. i look forward to chatting here and helping out when i can. cheers.

Thanks for visiting the forums! We've become more active in the past couple months and are glad to have you passing by. Where is your business located?

nice to meet you. i'm in stratford, connecticut usa. i've been fixing computers for years, but as a business, only for 2 years. business is kind of slow, but that's because of the economy. hopefully our new president will fix things. where are you from?

on a side note, i am a longtime dissatisfied member of a certain distros' forum, (think most popular distro) and may be able to get some of my online friends to come here and join. i am getting tired of the rat race over there anyway.

I'm based in Silicon Valley / San Jose CA. Sure, invite anyone over.

I also want to donate some of the forums ad revenue to charity. Have any ideas? The Inveneo contact dried up on me.

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post

I also want to donate some of the forums ad revenue to charity. Have any ideas? The Inveneo contact dried up on me.
    how about donating money or food to your local homeless shelter?

"Teaching children to use Windows is like teaching them to smoke tobacco—in a world where only one company sells tobacco."- Richard M. Stallman

Seeing that the forum is related to IT, I was thinking of an IT based charity. The local shelter is an option but I'll hold out for a couple more weeks and see if anyone has any ideas. I do a little searching every day. Something will come up.

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Seeing that the forum is related to IT, I was thinking of an IT based charity. The local shelter is an option but I'll hold out for a couple more weeks and see if anyone has any ideas. I do a little searching every day. Something will come up.
    sorry about that. i thought you meant charities in general. i know of some distros/projects you could donate to, but other than that, i don't know much.

Thanks, I'll let everyone know what comes up. I found a local IT charity and hope to get a response from them soon.

Mentor
    testing

boblucci! Long time no see!