Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Manual install of a package

Thread: Manual install of a package

Question Manual install of a package

Still relatively new to much of Linux, I need to know how to install a downloaded package. The package came as a tar.gz, which I have unpacked and it's all now sitting in a folder. What are the steps I now have to take please ?? (I have had several different packages which have automatically installed themselves, but this did not happen this time.)

TAR files install in different ways depending on how the author intended the software to be used. Try this link on installing Linux Software.

My sites:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.