Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Best Graphics Card?

Thread: Best Graphics Card?

Best Graphics Card?

Okay basically I am having this problem, I have looked everywhere and came across this forum, which looks awesome (first post! yay) anyways lol, here goes:

'which of these G Card options will be better for playing the latest games (Command And Conquer Tiberium War+Kanes Wrath, Doom 3, strategy games and so on):

nVidia GeForce 9800GT 1024MB PCI Express Graphics Card

OR

TWO nVidia GeForce 9500 GT 1024MB PCI Express Graphics Cards (2048MB SLI)

???

Im on Cube247.co.uk, looking at the computers I want for my birthday in 3 weeks, I'm getting Windows XP Media center cos I have heard of lots of compatibility issues with games on Vista, as well as movie maker(which I experienced personally) anyways any ideas?

Thank you!

I'm not much of a gamer, but the specs on the 9800GT seem to be better than two 9500GTs in terms of CPU cores and memory bandwidth. The advantage of the dual card solution would be twice the RAM to play with. Is this a big issue in the gamer world?