Linux Home Networking gets many daily visitors seeking information on how to do basic Open Source configuration. Some of those visitors use the forums to interact with each other on both Linux and Windows topics. Recently the activity has become greater and I have been thinking of ways to make the community more interesting.
One of the ways is to consider adopting a charity. The advertising on the forums generates about $30 per month which I’d like to donate to a single charity that promotes the use of computer technology in societal development.
- Do you think this is a good idea?
- What charities do you think are worthwhile for this cause?
- How best do you think this could be done?
- How do we verify that it’s legitimate?
- Do they have an automated way of receiving donations?
Let us know your thoughts.