Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

any experience of Mac keyboard under linux?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any experience of Mac keyboard under linux?

Question any experience of Mac keyboard under linux?

Hi,
    I really fancy the ultra flat aluminium mac keyboard, but I've seen that the mapping of keys is slightly different.
    Although I have the mac option in the keyboard selection (mandriva) I have doubts... has anybody tested that? as it is an expensive keyboard I'd rather be sure before buying it !

thanks for any input!

I've used a Mac clone keyboard on both Fedora and XP without any problems. There isn't an print screen key, so it is sometimes hard to get a screen capture, but otherwise it has been painless. I really like the soft touch keys as they don't wake up the family at night like my old one did.

My sites:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

do the 2 USB work on the keyboard...? USB2.0 ?

Some more questions: is it working normally under the bios?

where is the insert key?? (as if i look at the keyboard I can't see any ) I'm talking of the ultra flat one aluminium with white keys and USB cable : http://images.apple.com/keyboard/ima...1_20070813.jpg

The insert key is "help" or "fn"
    The USB ports work OK. Not sure if it is USB 2, but it should be, everything is nowadays.

My sites:
    -

just bought it!
    insert is not "fn" here
    there is no help key it is the flat aluminium USB keyboard...
    any idea where the insert key is?

What about the "help" key?

My sites:
    -

no help key on the modern flat aluminium keyboards
    it is "fn" instead and it is not mapped as insert key.
    I'll have to remap my keyboard at the end, I'm amazed nobody solved it already every time people are forced to do themselves the remap
    xmodmap -e "keycode 204 = Insert"
    to have it instead of the eject key
    to be loaded with each session and doesnt work in TTYs'

Print screen

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    I've used a Mac clone keyboard on both Fedora and XP without any problems. There isn't an print screen key, so it is sometimes hard to get a screen capture, but otherwise it has been painless. I really like the soft touch keys as they don't wake up the family at night like my old one did.
    Hi Peter,

There are few ways to do screen capture in Mac OS X.
    Follow the steps below and you will be able to do a screen capture in Mac OS X.

• Switch to the screen that you wan to to do screen capture
    • Hold down Apple key ⌘ + Shift + 3 and release all
    • then use your mouse to click on the screen
    • Done. You will see a picture file in at your desktop. Thatís the screen capture picture.

You can also do a screen capture for a portion of your screen.

• Hold down Apple key ⌘ + Shift + 4 and release all key
    • Now, You will see the mouse cursor will change to +
    • You can start to drag your mouse to select the portion you wish to capture.
    • Once finish, you will see a picture file in at your desktop. Thatís the screen capture picture!

If you want to do a screen capture for a particular application window, you can follow this:-

• Hold down Apple key ⌘ + Shift + 4 and release all key
    • Now, You will see the mouse cursor will change to +
    • Press the space bar once
    • You will see the mouse cursor change to a camera
    • Now you can use the camera to select which application window to screen capture
    • Once finish, you will see a picture file in at your desktop. Thatís the screen capture picture!

ENJOY THE MAC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up Insert key

Quote Originally Posted by nounou View Post
    just bought it!
    insert is not "fn" here
    there is no help key it is the flat aluminium USB keyboard...
    any idea where the insert key is?
    Hi,
    U just try the 'Home' key !!!!!!!!

Feel free to revert back !!!!!!!!!!!