Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

a li'l help plz...

Thread: a li'l help plz...

a li'l help plz...

i have an old pentium 2 300mhz,512kb cache with 256mb of ram on a kr632 mobo.
    i tried installing damn small and puppy but none worked. i need a distro for this old machine, i need to be able to play music and videos, do c/c++ programming, and use my portable hdd and pen drives.it used to run win98 i formatted my hdd with dos. now it's lifeless.

If you have the patience, I normally run Gentoo on slow machines - you can get away with a nice, minimal install. Otherwise, Slackware is good too.
    63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs,
    ya get 1 whacked with a service pack,
    now there's 63,005 bugs in the code!!

will it support everything that i've mentioned?
    i'll try it and get back.. thanks

Good Guru
    Ubuntu or Fedora will work, but make sure to disable any desktop effects on Compiz.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

re

bad news:
    ubuntu and fedora have high hardware requirements specially the processor. gentoo worked with a disc n couldn run any apps. slackware seemed ok but the same prob. i also tried deli linux, it didn't even recognize the boot disc. still stuck.
    good news: i will be using a p4 with 768mb of memory. this thing runs any linux distro like a well oiled machine.

n i'm runnin ubuntu on it. but the cpu heats up as always. gonna add another fan for it. thanks for all ur help. i appreciate it.

Are you running in graphical mode (run level 5) or text (run level 3)? I've seen CPU temps rise with graphics like Schotty mentioned.

My sites:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -

it's a dual boot, graphical with winxp pro sp2. works fine after the new fan i baught, i modded the case too to cool better. thanks guys.