Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Turning off power saving mode

Thread: Turning off power saving mode

Mentor

Turning off power saving mode

My monitor goes black after I haven't used the computer for a couple of minutes in text mode, even without X running. I know how to control the power savings for X, but have know idea how to do that for text mode. I would like to turn it off, or increase the idle time. Any suggestions?

Re: Turning off power saving mode

well... save the planet... turn off the monitor when you don't need it..

Good Guru

Schotty spake:

IIRC -- isnt that a kernel thingie that can be enabled/disabled? *I think though that there is a file somewhere in your /etc/ that configures it. *My answer :: grep it !!

Schotty's brain, the intelligent one spake:

Its a daemon in RedHat.

Mentor

Schotty spake:

IIRC -- isnt that a kernel thingie that can be enabled/disabled? *I think though that there is a file somewhere in your /etc/ that configures it. *My answer :: grep it !!

Schotty's brain, the intelligent one spake:

Its a daemon in RedHat.
    grep what?

(BTW it's an LCD monitor, so I'm already saving the planet).

LCD... I want it...

oh the deamon is called apmd, killing that will disable the power management in user space

Mentor

LCD... I want it...

oh the deamon is called apmd, killing that will disable the power management in user space
    No you don't want this one. Biggest piece of ... I've ever seen, but it's OK for a server. Anyway, there's got to be a way of setting the idle time.

Mentor

Never mind:
    setterm -blank 0

Good Guru

grep what?

(BTW it's an LCD monitor, so I'm already saving the planet).
    After sshing into my work box, I realized that grepping your /etc/ for any instance of dpms, is futile.