Thread: where did everyone go?

Mentor

where did everyone go?

This place is like a ghost town. I havent been around in a while. Where is everyone?

Still here! It must be Summer vacation time.

Advisor
    Im here too but no one plays any games here...so here I wait for anyone to play the Alpha game back 2 pages ago...I mean its free whats the deal man.

It is dead. I've been wondering what to do with the site. People are constantly signing up, but they don't post. At one point I was considering either merging openfree.org with Linuxhomenetworking.com or vice versa in order to make the combined sites more attractive to new members. Or maybe a brand new name for both!

Any thoughts on any of these ideas?

Advisor
    Give it time, you can't decide whats going on within a month or so.
    Don't worry Ma'am. We're university students, - We know what We're doing.
    'Ruiat coelum, fiat voluntas tua.'
    Datalogi - en livsstil; Intet liv, ingen stil.

Prety dead here...true,
    maybe a zone to comment the latest tech news would bring some activity...
    like for example latest kernel releases, the new things coming in the distributions like pulse audio .....
    the computers that are using linux like eeePC even though other sites talke about it...
    or maybe it needs a reorganisation to allow people to orientate themself faster...
    just bringing some ideas, not critics

Pulse Audio

Speaking of pulse audio, this is the only thread that even mentions it. Has anyone experienced problems with it? It seems that when I get it working for one app it dies in others that were working or just dies period and I have to reboot to get the dameon restarted again. It also seems to be a little piggy on CPU time (25%+), even with nothing going on. That could be due to the way you have to configure it to work with Skype, I'm not sure. I seem to see a lot of issues with it on Fedora & Ubuntu on the various forums (Skype, Rhythmbox, Audaciuos, Audacity to name a couple).

I love playing games on Linux! However, I have a Radeon 3650 pro at the moment, and it runs games on linux like a Geforce 4 cause of the terrible radeon drivers.

You've probably seen this, but it seems like they're heading in the right direction...
    http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?.../06/19/2113242
    63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs,
    ya get 1 whacked with a service pack,
    now there's 63,005 bugs in the code!!

The problem is that although performance is acceptable, I might as well have bought a cheaper Nvidia card cause they perform about the same/even better. I only get about 6-8000 fps in glxgears, which is a lot less than my nvidia 6800 which gets about 12000 on the same os (ubuntu 8.04). On windows, the radeon card absolutely owns it in performance.

I also run a lot of games with Cedega (yes I actually pay and subscribe) and it works better on Nvidia.