Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Question for Outlaw about SFU NFS share

Thread: Question for Outlaw about SFU NFS share

Question for Outlaw about SFU NFS share

Hey Outlaw, I saw your NFS page and would like to ask you a question on SFU:

Here is my scenario:

I have 2 IBM UV DB servers running on Linux. The one is backup of the other. The backups are run via rsync. Before I rsync from main server to backup server, I rsync the local data off backup servers local hard drives to a local USB drive. The problem there is the backup server's USB ports are USB 1.0 and thats slow as hell. To work past that until I can fly out there and install USB 2.0 card in that server. I setup an NFS share on a Win 2k3 server's usb dirve on USB 2.0 controller. The rsyncs are faster, but it seems windows SFU seems to have problems w/long file names see error below:

mkstemp data1/FM.DATA/FM.DATA/..DETAIL*INC.VZ0nEp.0UWKpn failed: File name too long

This only happens when I rsync or copy to that WIndows NFS share, so I'm guessing its an SFU prob. Have you come accross this? The only options in SFU I know of are windows/*nix username maps and windows *nix file case sensitivity.

Any ideas?

I'm also seeing this error:
    rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes: phase "unknown": Broken
    pipe
    rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(515)
    rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 69 bytes: phase "unknown":
    Broken pipe
    rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(515)

I'm going to setup an SMB mount for now and try that.

simiar issue but 2008

I am running mine on Windows 2008 but i have the same error (i think)
    I folowed this guide http://www.davidstclair.co.uk/Creating-an-NFS-share-on-Windows-2008 and it seems to work but perhaps i am missing something