Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
NFS issues with new NIS configuration

Thread: NFS issues with new NIS configuration

Exclamation NFS issues with new NIS configuration

Hello. I used linux home networking's Quick How-To, chatper 30 to setup an NIS domain.

The problem I am having is with the NFS mounting of the /home directory. When I log in as a user on any of the servers, I want that user's /home directory to be mounted at that server. The autofs process works, the NFS mount is done, however, I am not able to read or write my /home directory. root user is not able to fully add a new user, because he cannot write to the mounted /home directory. The exports file lists the /home share to be * (rw,sync).

Does anyone have any advise on this CentOS network?

Thanks

Daniel

Which version of CentOS are you running? Newer versions could be having some SELinux stuff going on (that would be server side). I haven't messed around too much with NIS (every environment I've used NIS in has already had it up and running), so sorry if I am not of much help.
    63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs,
    ya get 1 whacked with a service pack,
    now there's 63,005 bugs in the code!!