Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

M$ Word help

Thread: M$ Word help

M$ Word help

OK, I just had a butt-load of work vanish. I opened up a file this morning and have been working on it for like 6 hours, saving often. Finished it up, saved it and closed it.

Came back to open it, and non of my goddamn changes were in it. It reverted back to the original.

WTF? How do I get all my work back? HELP?!?!?!?

BTW, this is yet another reason to hate this POS program and M$ in general!

Re: M$ Word help

Word pisses me off too... Are you using Office XP by chance? Theres suppossed to be some sort of backup file kept as you work on something in case it crashes. (good idea M$, instead of fixing it from crashing, just make it back up the files so when it does....) anyways, check that out

cga, what Word version are you using? That's happened to me too, several times! The freaking thing is supposed to save, and the next time you open it, the "saved" changes aren't there...

Good Guru

Never happened to me ... I'm using ( when I use it ) Office 2000 Premium. I mostly use KWord though ...

I'm afraid you've just lost your 6 hours of work unless you are saving it to different file name. Check with recently open files list from File-->Open menu.

cga, what Word version are you using? That's happened to me too, several times! The freaking thing is supposed to save, and the next time you open it, the "saved" changes aren't there...
    Office97 SR2 on Winsuck 98. Company machine. Yup, this is not the first time, but by far the most painful!

I was able to re-enter my lost data, but man, does it suck!

NGene, I feel sorry for you if you've lost stuff as a student! Back in my school days, there was no Windows, and we we were on a VMS or Unix mainframe. Oh, how I miss those days...

Never happened to me ... I'm using ( when I use it ) Office 2000 Premium. I mostly use KWord though ...

I'm afraid you've just lost your 6 hours of work unless you are saving it to different file name. Check with recently open files list from File-->Open menu.
    This is on my office machine, not home. I have no idea what happened. It did barf up a text file with the same name when I ran "Find". When I tried to open it, it did the darn "closest file I could find" thing. I said "yes", and, no bullshit, it opened the Windows EULA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, the lost file was a bid for a $50 million contract!

Office97 SR2 on Winsuck 98. *Company machine. *Yup, this is not the first time, but by far the most painful!
    Hmm... Pretty much the same kind of a setup than at our school. We also have Office 97 on winblows 98. Could it be possible that it's fixed in later versions of Microshit Office?

NGene, I feel sorry for you if you've lost stuff as a student!
    Well, yes I have, but so far I haven't lost a big amount of data (until yesterday... >) mainly because I've learned to be paranoid when working with Microshit Office.

BTW, the lost file was a bid for a $50 million contract!
    ACK! Would you like a gun?

Good Guru

ACK! Would you like a gun?
    LOL .. yeah, it would came in handy, wouldn't it?? ;D