Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

RFC: Reduce Forum Count - 20080122

View Poll Results: Is this a site modification that requires a vote from the entire membership?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%

Thread: RFC: Reduce Forum Count - 20080122

RFC: Reduce Forum Count - 20080122

Purpose: Reduce the number of forums and categories on the home page

Other Information: We have a large number of forums and categories to choose from. This can be confusing for new members and many of the forums / categories are inactive. The aim is to reduce the number to make the member choices more manageable.

Poll Question: Is this a site modification that requires a vote from the entire membership, or can this be implemented without one?

My sites:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good Guru
    A major change like this would be something that would piss off the entire board if it isnt at least brought up or voted on prior to implementation.

I was primarily thinking of making the various Linux distro forums, into sub-forums of a main Linux Distro forum. Members interested in seeing changes in a particular distro can subscribe to the new RSS feed.

My sites:
    -

I should qualify my 'yes' vote by saying it does not matter to me. Wouldn't it be simpler just to hold a poll? FWIW, the present index seems not to be cluttered to me.
    Please help build

I'm going to go ahead with the changes. A general notification to the entire community was sent out earlier this year. There were only 2 votes, far from the majority required to make a quorum.

My sites:
    -

Maybe some thoughts on what the format will look like... Any sort of template you can show us?
    63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs,
    ya get 1 whacked with a service pack,
    now there's 63,005 bugs in the code!!

Sorry for the delay. The changes were already made when you asked. It looks like you hadn't noticed, so the change wasn't that big.

My sites:
    -

Yeah... haven't been here in a couple of years, can't really remember what it was like, so good move I guess.
    63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs,
    ya get 1 whacked with a service pack,
    now there's 63,005 bugs in the code!!