Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Apache autostart

Thread: Apache autostart

Apache autostart

Hello all: I was wondering, how do I go about getting apache to autostart, whenever I need to reboot my comp? I cuurently need to do a manual start. Thanks, always LearninLinux...

Mentor

Re: Apache autostart

What distro are you using?

go to /etc/rc.d/rc.local

and add your start command to it.

/path/to/apache/bin/./apachectl start

a good place to start your firewall too

yes
    what distro do you use?

how did you install it? RPM or Compile?

For some reason I couldnt get apachectl to work when installing RPM. Maybe it was just me....

Hello all: A quick thanks... RH 7.2. I'll be trying the suggestions as soon as I log off. The firewall, pmfirewall, autostarts, compile, was part of the set-up. (I think, lol..) Always. LearninLinux...

Good Guru

Depending on the startup type of your installation ( whether your system run level is 3 or 5 ), the start up script should be in "/etc/rcx.d/" where x is being the number for your run level. There you will likely see the apachectl with the letter and number being in front of it such as "K81apachectl". All you do is rename that capital K to the capital S ( both must be upper case letters to work ).

HTH ....