Hi there. NooB here. I'm in the process of setting up a home server using ClarkConnect, which I gather is based on Redhat Linux. I've got a bunch of SATA hard drives I want to set up in a RAID array. I have an 80GB drive which is to be dedicated for the operating system and applications. 2 x 250GB drives and 2 x 500GB drives I want to configure in a RAID array using Linux software RAID.

I'm trying to work out the best configuration of these drives in an array. I'm thinking of a striped RAID0 config between the 2 x 250GB drives. I was wondering, is it possible to use that RAID0 striped array (total 500GB) can then be used with the 2 x 500GB drives in a RAID5 configuration so I end up with 1TB of storage in a RAID5 array? I've read a bit about LVM and I'm trying to understand if this would help me in some way if I combined the 2 x 250GB drives.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm kinda stuck. I just can't seem to find any info on a similar config. It seems it should be possible but I just have no idea.