Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Mac OS on PC

Thread: Mac OS on PC

Hybrid View

Mac OS on PC

Hi,
    I have heard that the Mac OS X X86 version can be installed on a PC with a CPU supporting SSE2 and SSE3.
    Is it true? I mean is it possible to install Mac OS on a PC with Linux and M$ Windows?
    There are many versions of Mac out there, if it is possible to install Mac OS on PC, which version is better?
    I am planning to buy Mac OS for my PC if it can be installed on it.
    My PC Info:
    --------------
    CPU: AMD64 X2 5000 (supports SSE3)
    RAM: 3 * 1GB DDR2
    H.D.D: 250GB Maxtor SATA + 160 GB Maxtor IDE
    M.B: Gigabyte GA-MA69G-S3H

Installed OSs:
    Fedora Core 8
    Windows Vista Ultimate

Thanks in advance.
    This will be over soon, and then I can ...

Kind Mastermind
    There is a website that gives info on how to install the Mac OSX on a PC. Try the following site: http://www.wired.com/gadgets/mac/com.../2005/08/68501

That should give you a good start.

Cheers
    The one serious conviction that a man should have is that nothing is to be taken too seriously.
    Where facts are few, experts are many.

Good Guru
    Well I have yet to get OS X to install on non Apple hardware or into a vm, but apparently 10.5 is the way to go. Note, that it is likely to break anytime there are updates from apple. Really, you are best off getting a real Mac and an extra firewire drive and boot Linux or Vista off that when you want to boot native. I personally have VMs of everything and a second drive with Fedora 8 on it. Eventually I will finish getting Wine working in OS X, but as of now, its much more stable on Linux. So most of my gaming is on Linux.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.