Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Printer configuration problem in Fedora8

Thread: Printer configuration problem in Fedora8

Question Printer configuration problem in Fedora8

Dear All,
    I cannot able to setup printer in Fedora8.Whenever I starting the GUI tool for configuring printer It is showing a error message "CUPS server not found".The printer is network printer.Please help me..to solve the problem....

I haven't done printing in linux, but try running this (as root) first:
    service cups start
    let me know if that does the trick
    63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs,
    ya get 1 whacked with a service pack,
    now there's 63,005 bugs in the code!!

No the tricks is not worked.Same problem..persisits.....

Cool re: Printer configuration problem in Fedora8

check your firewall, it probably doesnt have the ports open for the network printer. try turing it off and then try to print.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmFubar View Post
    check your firewall, it probably doesnt have the ports open for the network printer. try turing it off and then try to print.
    I have alreday disabled the firewall.The machine can ping the printer.

Question

ok what make and model is the printer?

ok what make and model is the printer?
    The printer model is HP Laserjet 4250..

are there any other computers on this network? can they print to this printer?
    Need to make sure the printer actually works over the network.

oh check your access rights, this could be an access issue, have you tried to print as root??

oh check your access rights, this could be an access issue, have you tried to print as root??
    I am always login as a root ....and working as a root not as a user..it prints a testpage but again it shows that CUPS Server not found......