Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

MBR messed up by failed schillix installation

Thread: MBR messed up by failed schillix installation

Associate

MBR messed up by failed schillix installation

I thought I would try this debian thread to ask for help about my mbr...
    have tried freebsd, but no answer, although it isn't specific to debian, I am landing here.

2 HD
    debian /boot is on hd0,0 or hda,1 and multi-boots the other systems installed on both hd0 and hd1

I failed to install schillix, and had chosen to dual-boot schillix and debian in schillix installation menu.
    Schillix never started, but has modified the MBR and each time I boot the system it presents me with a black screen and 5 options from F1 (default) to F5, all for linux.

only F1 leads me to the debian multi-boot menu from where only debian now boots.
    what schillix has done is moving partitions numbers, (except the debian one, as I chose debian to dual-boot).

I noticed once I could start fedora from the debian menu, but fedora wouldn't see the /Data (a partition I mount for each system to share) on it's real /dev/hdc8 but as /dev/hdd (showing the contents of previous view of cd-rom)... now fedora won't start anyway.

I am not concerned about the other systems, I can always repair or reinstall, what I'd like to do is boot without getting that pre-boot black screen with options F1-F5, I'd like to get the debian multi-boot menu to come first and only.
    In clear I'd like to get rid of that schillix aborted bootloader.

I thank you for your time.

I've had way too many of the beverages mentioned in the PET linked below, but you should be able to modify it for Grub pretty easily.

http://www.openfree.org/pet/index.ph...27t_boot_Linux

Off topic: found an ace plugin for Firefox t'other day. [censored by schotty]
    Last edited by Schotty; 12-05-2008 at 01:11 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Associate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    I've had way too many of the beverages mentioned in the PET linked below, but you should be able to modify it for Grub pretty easily.
    I thank you for your time, Pleiades.

Good Guru
    Did you get it fixed?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!