Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
A board for how tos and tutorials

Thread: A board for how tos and tutorials

Hybrid View

A board for how tos and tutorials

The existing boards assume that people only have questions. I don't have much to offer myself. The only thing that comes to mind is creating a customised theme for Xfce - I really was not taken with the theme provided, so I adapted two or more to create some of my own. Xfce isn't commonly used so that would be of little interest but I believe other members would be able to offer some mini tutorials.

I know you have a wiki but wikis are about as popular as graveyards. I've never posted to a wiki because (1) I feel I don't know enough and (2) I doubt anyone will ever read what I write. Even a wiki with a specific theme such as a particular distro attracts little interest. The outstanding exception is Wikipedia but note that it is an exception.
    Please help build
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by fossy View Post
    The existing boards assume that people only have questions. I don't have much to offer myself. The only thing that comes to mind is creating a customised theme for Xfce - I really was not taken with the theme provided, so I adapted two or more to create some of my own. Xfce isn't commonly used so that would be of little interest but I believe other members would be able to offer some mini tutorials.

I know you have a wiki but wikis are about as popular as graveyards. I've never posted to a wiki because (1) I feel I don't know enough and (2) I doubt anyone will ever read what I write. Even a wiki with a specific theme such as a particular distro attracts little interest. The outstanding exception is Wikipedia but note that it is an exception.
    Obscure topics are worth posting in the tutorials.