Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Problem with Samba, Please help me...

Thread: Problem with Samba, Please help me...

Hybrid View

Problem with Samba, Please help me...

Hello all!
    I am very new in Linux world. I am learning. Since last 10 days I am trying to create a Networking between Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and Windows XP Professional. I connected both one through the Router. Linux side I can see the Windows share and alos access it. But unfortunately at Windows side I just can see the Linux share but when I double click I got the following error:

"\\Localhost is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resources. Contact the administrator of this Server to find out if you have access permission.
    You were not connected because a duplicate name exists on the network. Go to the system in Control Panel to change the computer name and try again."

I did every thing whate ever 4 different books/manuals says. I need Linux communicty help to inform me about my mistakes. I will be very much thankful.
    Muhammad A. Husain
    Last edited by Muhammad A. Husain; 10-29-2007 at 04:02 PM.

You were not connected because a duplicate name exists on the network. Go to the system in Control Panel to change the computer name and try again.
    I think here is the answer