Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Problem starting mysql conflicts with the RPM "mysql-5.0.27-1.fc6"

Thread: Problem starting mysql conflicts with the RPM "mysql-5.0.27-1.fc6"

Hybrid View

Problem starting mysql conflicts with the RPM "mysql-5.0.27-1.fc6"

Hi,

Good morning!!

I tried starting mysql from /usr/local, the location where i installed mysql

but after executing this command " bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &"

Its coming like mysql is starting from /var/lib/mysql, which i never mentioned

and message coming like "STOPPING server from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid"

But there is no directory named mysqld or file mysqld.pid in /var/run location.

I have installed some rpms from the website for skype installation, i think this problem starts after the installation of those rpms.

Terminal output for your reference :

[root@localhost ~]# cd /usr/local
    [root@localhost local]# cd mysql1
    [root@localhost mysql1]# bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &
    [1] 3485
    [root@localhost mysql1]# Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
    STOPPING server from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
    071022 10:02:31 mysqld ended

For mysql problem, i post a thread to discussion forum in "mysql" website and they replied as follows

"Chances are something has overwritten your /etc/my.cnf file. You may want to check and re-edit it. You can also check to see if there is a copy left behind with a .rpmsave extension.

You should also use 'rpm -qf /etc/my.cnf' to check if there is anRPM that owns the replaced file, as it may have added other items thatare going to cause you problems."

I checked for "my.cnf" file in /etc/, The file exist and i am attaching the same for your reference.But the "my.cnf" file is not there in Bhavani's machine. so i renamed the file and tried starting mysql again and the terminal displays output like

"[root@localhost mysql1]# Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/mysql1/data
    STOPPING server from pid file /usr/local/mysql1/data/localhost.localdomain.pid
    071022 13:01:09 mysqld ended"

In that reply, they asked to check for rpm file with the command "rpm -qf /etc/my.cnf".when i run that command i got
    "[root@localhost ~]# rpm -qf /etc/my.cnf
    mysql-5.0.27-1.fc6".

Can u please suggest me a solution to this problem.

Thank you
    Best Regards
    Kamakshi

I'm slightly confused as to why you are executing it from a bin folder in a directory named mysql1. You should be able to execute from root's path, but also, you should be able to start it as a service. Try starting as a service. I'm thinking that problem exists from the present working directory that you are starting it from, but then again, I don't have a FC6 box in front of me.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi ,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, mysql is working for me now as i deleted the "my.cnf" fime from /etc/ and resinstalled the mysql software.

Thank You
    Best Regards
    Kamakshi