Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Problems with Samba

Thread: Problems with Samba

Threaded View

Problems with Samba

I have three computers on a network: 1-Laptop (Ubuntu 7.04), 2-desktops (1-Windows XP; 1-Windows 2000). I am using a D-Link router to connect them together and to the Internet. I am also using Synergy between the two Windows systems (I have it installed on the Linux but don't use it that much). I had installed Samba on the Linux and was able to share between all three for several months now. Last week I began having problems accessing the
    Windows systems from the Linux one using Samba (the two Windows systems still work fine together). I am able to access the Internet from the Linux system but not able to use Samba to share information (although Synergy works fine). I uninstalled/reinstalled Samba and it worked for a few days. Now, the Linux machine won't connect again. It seems that everything else works fine except the Samba connection. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

BTW, in the log.smbd, I am gettng the following error message:

[2007/10/15 09:54:51, 0] smbd/server.c:main(847)
    smbd version 3.0.24 started.
    Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2006
    [2007/10/15 10:27:00, 0] lib/util_sock.c:get_peer_addr(1229)
    getpeername failed. Error was Transport endpoint is not connected

Not sure if that helps.
    Last edited by LeeU; 10-18-2007 at 05:05 PM.