Thread: Synchronization of time of 4 RHEL4 systems

Synchronization of time of 4 RHEL4 systems

I have Four RHEL4 systems. these system dont have access to Internet. these 4 system connected through local LAN even LAN dont have any access to internet. I wanted to have the same time in all 4 system. Because i am doing a project in which time between these systems is more important. Will some one help me how can i do this.

I am not sure if it will work but you can surely try the following steps:

1.command #system-config-date
    2.In the window that pops up remove all the entries that are shown under NTP SERVERS.Then give add and add the IPs of the other three rhel systems.
    3.select the SHOW ADVANCED OPTIONS tab and tick the option SYNCHRONIZE SYSTEM CLOCK and untick the option USE LOCAL TIME.
    3.In the TIMEZONE tab make sure you have selected the correct timezone and tick the option SYSTEM USES UTC.
    4.Do the above steps in each of the systems,changing the IP as required in each system.
    LOGOUT AND RESTART and check if the 4 systems time is the same.Please let me know if it worked or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mmanickaraj View Post
    I am not sure if it will work but you can surely try the following steps:

1.command #system-config-date
    2.In the window that pops up remove all the entries that are shown under NTP SERVERS.Then give add and add the IPs of the other three rhel systems.
    3.select the SHOW ADVANCED OPTIONS tab and tick the option SYNCHRONIZE SYSTEM CLOCK and untick the option USE LOCAL TIME.
    3.In the TIMEZONE tab make sure you have selected the correct timezone and tick the option SYSTEM USES UTC.
    4.Do the above steps in each of the systems,changing the IP as required in each system.
    LOGOUT AND RESTART and check if the 4 systems time is the same.Please let me know if it worked or not.
    Today I manage to get the Internet connection to these system. And using the command
    #ntpdate -u <NTP Server IP Address>
    I manage to synchronize the date of all the System.
    I will also try your method also If i manage to do in that way then i will reply back.
    Thank you very much.